Monday, June 11, 2007

MOM: Angela Adderly

Interview by: Christina Bentley
Stunning, talented and versatile are just a few of the words used to describe plus size model Angela Adderly! Although Angela is new to the business, she is already making her mark. You can find this Greek and Bahamian beauty featured in Buxom Boutique, Fashion Overdose, More Beautiful Woman, and Plush Cat Club.
Some of her other credits include being a semi finalist for Elegant Plus Logo/Cover Model contest and a runway model for Hollywood Shop Til' you Drop. Angela is in the process of launching her own website www.AngelaAdderly.com.

How did you get started modeling? How did you get started with Buxom?
I didn't even know that plus size modeling existed, I knew I loved fashion and saw the models on some websites but didn't know where to get started. I came across Buxom's page and they were having a model search so I entered and was one of the winners for the 2006 Model Search.

What do you think are your strengths as a model? What makes you stand out?
My strength is having wonderful photographer's like Chanel Rene and Satu, also I feel very comfortable in front of the camera. I try to always be conscious of my body and poses. I think what makes plus sized models stand out in general is our attitude. We're happy, outgoing, and vivacious and I'm sure its very refreshing.

What are your current projects?
Right now I am trying to encourage a Plus Size community here in Las Vegas including fashion shows, nights out for curvy women and a support system so that when Buxom is ready to expand, we'll be ready A collaboration I'm continuously working on is with Ahmad the Producer and Owner of Cinematic Lifestyle here in Las Vegas.

What does size acceptance mean to you?
Having the world realize that beauty is not a size and that healthy, buxom women are a mainstay in our society not only today but in the future. Not only should there be acceptance by others but we should also truly accept and love ourselves just the way we are.

Advice for aspiring models?
Get out there, meet people, knock on every door and you will get answers. Have fun with yourself, if you feel nervous then you will look nervous. Oh and don't worry about what people think, because most likely they are thinking that you are beautiful!

How has Buxom helped you?
The friends I've made, the confidence I've gained, the experiences I've had are all priceless. Buxom is a family and a support system that helped me realize a lot of my aspirations.

What is favorite part about Buxom?
All the girls are so unique in both looks and personality, Buxom showcases so many genres of women.

What do you think makes Buxom different?
I feel Buxom is different in the way it represents the models, sophisticated, intelligent, fun, playful, alluring, and sexy the way it should be through confidence and beauty.

Goals for the future?
I hope to be a big part of Buxom and continue to meet more wonderful photographers, plus size designers and models. I hope to eventually be able to do what I love full-time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Angela is so gorgeous!