Saturday, June 2, 2007

ADVICE: Straight Talk with Sanaz

Q: “I am a bigger girl and I never feel uncomfortable with myself or my weight except when I go to a party/event with a lot of people. I feel out of place or awkward when I first enter the room. Do you have any suggestions on how to feel more confident making an entrance instead of feeling like everyone is thinking about how fat I am?"
-Cheryl, 21
San Marcos, Ca

A: First things first, Cheryl…Nobody is looking at you thinking about how fat you THINK you are. Most of the time, people at parties are so self-involved that they are thinking about how they look to YOU. Everyone, fat or skinny, short or tall, feels a little awkward about entering a room if they lack confidence. Nothing is stronger that a thick chick that knows she’s fly. It makes skinny girls want to eat a burger.
So next time you are going to a party or event with a lot of people, put your sexy outfit on, get your hair and makeup right and get in front of the mirror. Practice this grand entrance you are so worried about and fake it till you make it!


Q: “I have been with my boyfriend now for 5 years and he has always had a thing for big beautiful women! At first this was great because he always liked me for who I am, but now I want to lose weight so that I can feel better and be healthier, and he is not supportive. He told me if I lose weight he wont be attracted to me anymore. I’m at a point where I am ready to start eating healthy and exercising and I want to make a change to make myself happier, but I don’t want to upset my boyfriend either. What should I do?"
-Tamika, 29
Chicago, IL

A: That’s great, your boyfriend loves big beautiful women! Here’s a question for you…if you get sick, because you are not healthy, will he be by your side and take care of you? If the answer is yes, then he really loves you in which case he will want the best for you, which is to be healthy. If the answer is no, then he’s not worth risking your health for.
Its just WRONG for someone who “loves you” to hold you back and not support you when you are trying to better yourself. I personally think he could be controlling and doesn’t want you to lose weight because he is scared that if and when you do, that you will leave him. Whatever the circumstances may be, you know that your health is the most important thing right now. Lets see if he’s in it for the long haul! Good luck with your weight loss!

No comments: